What’s the ultimate munchie food? Well, since you asked for our opinion, the title would have to go to nachos. They’re the perfect stoner snack – they’re finger food, great to share with your buddies, easy to make, and they offer a wide palette of textures and flavors. Cheesy, spicy, and crunchy – nachos are a taste sensation like no other. Imagine being able to recreate portion-sized American restaurant-style nachos at home. Perfect for planned stoner dinner parties or a late-night craving that deserves some short-term planning and a quick visit to the grocery store.
Recipe Details:The ULTIMATE Nachos
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 seasoning sachet (taco seasoning)
- 1/4 cup of boiled water
- 1 can of Mexican beans (pinto or kidney beans)
- 1 bag of your favorite tortilla chips (plain Doritos work well)
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (Monterey Jack, mild cheddar, or mozzarella)
- 1 jar of salsa (chipotle variety recommended)
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- Sliced jalapeños and olives for garnish
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it’s hot and shimmering.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet, using a wooden spoon to break it into small pieces. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is browned and there’s no pink left.
- Dissolve the seasoning sachet in 1/4 cup of boiled water, then pour it over the cooked beef. Stir to combine.
- Drain the Mexican beans (pinto or kidney beans) and add them to the skillet with the beef mixture. Reduce the heat to low and allow the mixture to simmer, letting the excess liquid reduce into a thick gravy. This will take about 5-7 minutes.
- While the meat mixture is simmering, spread your tortilla chips evenly over a large-sized baking dish.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese (Monterey Jack, cheddar, or mozzarella) evenly over the chips.
- Place the baking dish in the oven preheated to 425°F and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, usually 5-10 minutes, depending on your preference for cheese meltiness.
- Once both components are done cooking, stir one jar of salsa (chipotle variety recommended) into the beef mixture.
- Spoon the seasoned beef mixture evenly over the cooked chips, ensuring even distribution.
- Top your nachos with shredded lettuce, spreading it evenly to cover the entire dish.
- Dollop sour cream onto separate areas of the dish for that cool, creamy contrast.
- Finally, garnish your nachos with sliced jalapeños and olives for that extra kick.
- Get creative with toppings! You can add diced tomatoes, diced onions, guacamole, or even grilled chicken or shredded pork for extra variety.
- If you like it extra spicy, consider adding hot sauce or more jalapeños.
- Don’t forget to have some extra salsa and sour cream on the side for dipping.
- Experiment with different types of cheese to find your favorite combination.
- For a vegetarian version, simply omit the ground beef and double up on the beans or use plant-based meat substitutes.
- If you’re not a fan of spicy food, use a milder salsa or skip the jalapeños.
And there you have it – the ultimate munchie-inspired meal, perfect for all the family or your stoner buddies. Serve each portion onto plates with serving spoons, and dive into this flavor-packed fiesta. Eat with your fingers, and make sure to have a paper napkin at the ready because you’re definitely going to need it! Enjoy the cheesy, spicy, crunchy goodness of the ultimate nachos.