If you’re looking for a culinary adventure that combines the joys of cooking with a little extra magic, then you’ve stumbled upon the perfect recipe. I call it the “Magical” Meatloaf, and it’s a creation born out of a desire to make the most of every ingredient, even the remnants of my cannabis-infused butter-making escapades. The result? A delicious meatloaf that not only satisfies your taste buds but also has the potential to take your dining experience to new heights. So, if you’re ready to embark on a flavorful journey with a twist, let’s dive into this unique recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- Cannabis bud (strained from butter-making)
- 1/4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 8-10 slices of bacon
- Cheddar cheese slices
Step 1: Prepare the Meatloaf Mixture
- Begin by soaking the breadcrumbs in milk until they become moist.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the soaked breadcrumbs, ground beef, minced garlic, salt, pepper, egg, finely chopped cannabis bud, and red pepper. Mix everything thoroughly until well combined.
Step 2: Create the Bacon Weave
- Lay out 8-10 slices of bacon on a clean surface, forming a bacon weave. Reserve 2 slices for later.
Step 3: Assemble the Meatloaf
- Take half of the meat mixture and shape it into a flat log shape on top of the bacon weave. Place cheddar cheese slices and the reserved bacon strips along the center of the meat.
- Now, take the remaining half of the meat mixture and cover the cheese and bacon, shaping it into a log.
Step 4: Wrap and Prepare for Baking
- Carefully wrap the bacon weave around the meatloaf, ensuring it’s securely encased.
Step 5: Bake to Perfection
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Place the bacon-wrapped meatloaf on a baking sheet or in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, prepare the glaze by mixing 1/4 cup ketchup, 1-2 tbsp spicy mustard, 1 tbsp white vinegar, and 2 tbsp brown sugar. Brush the glaze over the meatloaf.
- Bake the meatloaf in the preheated oven for approximately 45-55 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy, and the center of the meat is cooked. You can continue to glaze it several times during the baking process for extra flavor.
And there you have it – the “Magical” Meatloaf that combines the goodness of a classic meatloaf with an unexpected twist. This recipe is not just about culinary creativity; it’s also a reminder that sometimes, the best dishes come from experimentation and making the most of what you have on hand.
So, gather your ingredients, roll up your sleeves, and embark on this flavorful journey. Just remember to enjoy responsibly and share the magic with friends who appreciate both good food and good times. Happy cooking!